Account Manager FMCG
Drogheda, Co. Louth
Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Negotiable depending on experience.
Sales Account Manager
A global leader in FMCG growing from strength to strength is looking for a Account Manager for their team in Drogheda.
- Plans for Success
- Acts Commercially
- Builds Teams
- Customer Focus
- Leads Change
- Communicates Effectively
If these relate to you and your work ethos then read on
You will assume primary responsibility for developing long-term relationships with a network of customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders, ultimately driving profitable sales growth. They will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful sales and delivery of product according to customer needs.
- Develop existing accounts by extending product listings and agreeing activities with customers that will deliver growth in line with targets and objectives
- Identify and develop new business sales opportunities
- Be accountable for sales and profitability targets by closely managing pricing, negotiating terms, managing product mix and promotions.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to plan and implement marketing activities that lead to increased sales.
- Work closely with the Operations team to plan production based on accurate sales forecasts
- Feedback to Management
- Meet regularly with key customers to build relationships, develop and execute customer-specific business plans that are aligned to customer and marketing strategies
- Develop and execute business plans to deliver sales results
- Manage and report on key metrics to track progress and adjust the plan as needed to deliver results
- Manage a trade promotional budget for optimal ROI and ensure internal/external alignment, while growing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Leverage business analytics to influence customer and company decision making at top-to-top levels; utilizing internal/customer business systems
- Work with finance team to ensure payment terms are met
In order to be considered for interview you will need a combination of the following
- Demonstrating the ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, project team members and management leaders, the post holder will be well versed in making key tactical decisions and will have sound experience in strategic planning processes.
- Experience working with a diverse management team with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Exposure to working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, organisation and passionate about building strong trust-based relationships with remote customer groups will also be key drivers.
In addition, the post holder will offer:
- Relevant third level education
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a CPG/FMCG environment
- Proven track record in exceeding targets and objectives
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, sales database, and web applications.
- Flexibility to travel (role has expected travel of c.35%)