E-Commerce Account Manager
Drogheda, Co. Louth
Sales, Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Negotiable depending on experience
e-Commerce Account Manager
A global leader in FMCG growing from strength to strength is looking for a e-Commerce Account Manager for their team in Drogheda.
- Plans for Success
- Acts Commercially
- Builds Teams
- Customer Focus
- Leads Change
- Communicates Effectively
If these relate to you and your work ethos then read on
You will assume primary responsibility for developing our online customer accounts, ultimately driving profitable sales growth.
The role requires a balanced mix of Sales/Account Management and Digital Marketing, and as such combines account and relationship development, product content optimization, online demand generation and online merchandising.
Corresponding directly with our brand guidelines, it is imperative you work interactively with our Marketing Team to drive a consistent shopper message and brand image.
- Develop existing accounts by extending product listings and agreeing activities with customers that will deliver growth in line with targets and objectives
- Identify and develop new business sales opportunities
- Be accountable for sales and profitability targets by closely managing pricing, negotiating terms, managing product mix and promotions
- Collaborate with the group marketing team to plan and implement online marketing activities that lead to increased sales
- Regular reporting on performance against plan, to include customer performance management/performance overviews
- Feedback trends and opportunities to Management from customer meetings, sales events and key market visits
- Meet regularly with key online customers, managing relationships and reporting on sales
- Assess market and competitor situation as a constant focus
- Develop and execute business plans to deliver sales results, including maximized volume potential, increased merchandising effectiveness, growth of product group(s), and brand share; responsibility for accurate forecasting of monthly sales, leading annual business planning process within assigned account(s)
- Manage Key metrics to track progress weekly and adjust the plan as needed to deliver results
- Manage an online promotional budget for optimal ROI and ensure internal/external alignment, while growing and maintaining relationships
- Leverage business analytics to influence customer and company decision making at top-to-top levels; utilizing internal/customer business systems to manage and maximize plans
- Reconcile and update promotional plans regularly, to remain within budget
- Create impactful, insights-based presentations in order to translate sales objectives into customer strategy and business plans around distribution, merchandising, promotion, and planogram placement
- Deliver customer online targets, new sales, AOV and conversion
- Use web analytics to monitor key site performance indicators, and take appropriate actions where necessary.
- Familiar with UK&I digital, social and e-Commerce trends, with deep insight of on-line purchase behavior to leverage social media to increase store fans and sales.
- Lead to build strong strategic partnership with key e-commerce platforms (e.g., Amazon etc.) to purse joint collaborative efforts
- This is not an exhaustive list and may be subject to change and amendment.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Requires a hands on approach. Commercial, analytical and numerate, with a strong focus on a trading website and a keen interest in new developments within the online industry.
- It is essential you have managed sizable business with one or a combination of online retailers including; Amazon/Ocado/.coms and/or other leading retail groups.
- In addition, the post holder will offer:
- University education in Marketing/Digital/Sales or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in an online or e-Commerce CPG/FMCG retailer environment
- Demonstrable exposure to Digital/Online sales and marketing, email marketing and programmatic advertising
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills
- Strong commercial acumen, negotiation skills coupled with an innate ability to build relationships at all levels
- People person and have ability to drive work independently
- Good command of English Language would be expected.
- Flexibility to travel (role has expected travel of c.40%)