Financial Accountant - Retail
City Centre - Dublin
Executive Search, Finance
- Staff Discount
- 25 days holiday
3 years +
Financial Accountant - Retail
This opportunity is with an iconic “Retail Brand” It has a culture of “excellence” in Europe and abroad despite intense competition. A truly fast paced environment with a workforce of inspirational challengers who see the opportunity in every event. The office is a great place to spend your working days, complete with city centre location with an inclusive and positive atmosphere.
We now require a Senior Financial Accountant to work with the Head of Finance to position the team in a prime position to optimise commercial and financial opportunities.
On successful hire you will assume responsibility for:
- Responsible for financial accounting for the International reporting, including journal processing, monthly accruals, variance analysis, and month end accounts preparation;
- Responsible for monthly Gross profit adjustments for Ireland Retail business, including all duty postings
- Full ownership of balance sheet for International websites; understanding commercial purpose for each account
- Preparation and ownership of full Intercompany reconciliation and approval of Intercompany recharges
- Responsibility for the preparation and submission of the Bi monthly Vat return for Ireland stores
- Preparations of monthly CSO, quarterly BOP40 returns and revenue reporting
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process to support the management team
- Assist with interim and year end duties and preparation of quarterly, half yearly and year end group reporting pack
- Assisting financial controller, and working as part of the team to support internal and external audit procedures, and any other ad-hoc finance tasks and projects that may arise
- Development of financial reporting and internal controls process in Ireland.
- Continuously improving the efficiency of the Finance Function.
- The candidate will be required to maintain strong relationships with finance colleagues and commercial colleagues, providing financial support and insight by working to understand their needs and requirements.
To get this job, you will have the following competencies:
- A recognised professional accountancy qualification;
- Have at least 3 years relevant work experience in an environment encompassing full responsibility for P&L and balance sheet reporting
- Demonstrates a passion for retailing having experience in a similar role
- Worked with SAP or a similar solution
- The ability to act with pace and to deliver to high standards and support other team members to do the same
- The ability to act positively to changing priorities
- Attention to detail; but can also step back and understand the big picture
- Build successful relationships with key stakeholders in order to drive successful results for the Ireland Finance function and the business as a whole.
- Expert user in MS Office; Strong Excel skills; with a proven track record
- Well organised with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has previously worked within a high demand environment with the ability to stay organised and work efficiently to tight deadlines
- Ability to think outside of the immediate task and constantly look at ways of improving process
- Team player and self-starting, with ability to use initiative work at times unsupervised and produce high quality output
- Enjoy working in a busy fast-paced dynamic environment