Network Support Engineer - Drogheda
Drogheda, Co. Louth
Negotiable depending on experience
Network Support Engineer – Drogheda
Our client, a leader in FMCG growing from strength to strength is looking to grow it’s talented Support Team and are looking for a Network Support Engineer.
Working as part of the internal IT Support Team the Network Support Engineer will focus on the maintenance of the corporate network. This may extend from testing and troubleshooting problems to regular maintenance.
You will be responsible for high-level support such as strategic planning of network upgrades and high-level network performance analyses.
- Daily duties include the deployment, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Provide top level IT support (Level 1, 2 and 3) services to all staff, resolving all issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Deliver infrastructure projects within agreed scope, budget and timescale
- Perform data analysis to support requirements for new functionality
- Firewall administration and maintenance incl. firmware upgrades, configuring rules, vpn, remote access and WiFi points
- Ensure proper and adequate security for all information and systems is in place
- Management and administration of Office365
- Maintaining inventory of all IT related assets
- Conduct impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology
- Create reports and other analysis for projects and WIP
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in IT/Computer Science, or relevant technical qualifications in this area
- Experience working with Office 365, Windows 10, AD, Server 2016
- Experience providing VMWare support
- Experience setting up PCs and users.
- Experience with Skype for Business advantageous
- Experience with security and firewalls advantageous
- Experience with video conferencing and PolyCom systems advantageous
- Ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision, delivering to project plan dates