Regulatory Manager, Louth
Drogheda, Co. Louth
Negotiable depending on experience
Our client - a global brand and leader in FMCG is on the lookout for a Regulatory Manager.
What will I be doing?
As Regulatory Manager you will be responsible for leadership on regulatory compliance across all Global Brands and Markets. You will be working with partners to drive compliance and ensure adherence to company policies and brand guidelines.
What will my day look like?
- On a daily basis, you will ensure full compliance with relevant global regulations, specifically cosmetic regulation 1223/2009.
- Ensure full compliance with relevant global regulations, specifically Cosmetic Regulation 1223/2009.
- Leads the creation and rollout of a regulatory strategy linking to business and other departmental strategies.
- Highlight any updates to global regulatory requirements to Senior Management and drive the strategy on future planning to ensure minimal impact to the business.
- Manage technical standards and ensure regulatory product compliance across all brands/markets. Compile Product Information Files and liaise with retail and distributor partners on compliance documents and product specifications.
- Inform brand teams of any regulatory threats or opportunities for their products, working together to define and implement the best approach to new regulatory requirements or challenges. Conduct regular competitor analysis.
- Independently drive the regulatory responsibilities of innovation projects. Educate and supports project leaders and project members to enable achievement of project goals. Acts as project lead when assigned.
- Conduct assessments on the regulatory compliance of new brands/innovation projects
- Partner with global or regional subject matter experts and groups including local operating companies and accreditive bodies to engage in direct regulatory advocacy and influencing activities.
- Ensure product claim substantiation on all packaging, advertising, website and communication materials and approve artwork.
- Evaluate new raw materials for compliance with regulations and approve raw material and finished goods specifications.
- Register products for new markets, maintain and submit necessary documentation to local regulatory agencies and ensure continued licence to operate for brands.
- Demonstrate legal savviness to lead discussions on any challenges from external parties to new or existing claims or any issues relating to our products and brands.
In order to be considered, you will need a combination of the following
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in science or related technical field
- A minimum of 5+ years working in a cosmetic regulatory compliance role
- An excellent understanding of regulatory and compliance guidelines within the cosmetic industry with expert knowledge of EU and USA regulations
- Strong leadership, project management and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrable ability to work independently, as well as exhibiting team building skills
- Highly motivated with good judgement and decisiveness skills
- Detail orientated, accurate and excellent record keeping skills