Technical Project Manager
€55,000- €75,000 (depending on experience) + Bonus, Pension and Health.
Over 3 years’ experience in technical project management.
Want to work for one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile resource management industry?
Based in Tallaght, our client is a leading global provider of mobile workforce solutions that enable businesses to meet challenges associated with managing fleets. They have an immediate need for a Technical Project Manager to join their expanding team in their Dublin R&D headquarters. This is a strategic role requiring strong project management, business analyst and communications skills. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing team initiatives and multiple projects spanning across App Support, software/hardware engineering teams and other organisational groups in partnership with the leadership team. If you would like to be part of a company whose focus is on innovation and forward thinking technology this is the job for you!
About The Team
The team oversees monitoring, incident & problem management, software bug management and internal tools to support our global customer base. The team works in partnership with all R&D Engineering teams, Product Management and Customer Operations teams.
Sounds great, but what would my day look like?
- Key aspects of the role are to take ownership of tasks and drive change across new and existing processes across globally distributed teams.
- Strategic in planning short-, mid-, long-term project objectives and identifying interdependencies.
- Coordinating the activities of multiple teams and managing the dependencies between them, all in a lean operation.
- Developing, maintaining, tracking, and managing a high-quality, integrated project plan to enable accurate reporting and decision making.
- Assessing program issues and areas of risk and developing mitigation plans to assist in decision making.
- Identifying critical path issues and alternative plan scenarios.
- Identifying resource needs to achieve program objectives.
- Use methodology to form effective team meetings and high performance teams.
- Excellent communication with team members and stakeholders and escalating issues when they impact timeline, scope, quality or budget.
- Improvement of processes, procedures, and tools related to program and portfolio management practices.
- Drive team and executive leadership reporting in partnership with teams.
- Liaising directly with Head of Application Support and relevant project owners.
- Facilitate the integration of Application Support processes to new products and acquisitions.
Sounds perfect, but what do I need?
- 3-5 years project management and business analyst experience with qualification.
- Proven knowledge and experience in Agile/Lean development methodologies and managing complex projects in an Agile environment, with experience in different SDLC methodologies.
- Experience working with support or operations teams running a highly available SaaS platforms.
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of work across multiple projects and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically when planning, managing teams and processes.
- Skilful use of interpersonal skills and influence to accomplish work without formal authority and to ensure optimal team performance.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, which enable successful collaboration with executive level stakeholders.
- Strong experience facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound judgment, problem solving, and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional or horizontally aligned teams.
- Knowledge and experience with service delivery ITIL framework.
- Knowledge and experience dealing with hardware based projects.