Dublin City Centre
Senior Appointments, Software
Negotiable depending on experience
RECRUITERs are delighted to bring you a new Technical Writer role for one of our clients based in Dublin City Centre.
Our client harnesses your data to create outstanding digital experiences. With R&D Headquarters based in Dublin our client are at the forefront of digital enablement managing APIS for teh Internet of Things!
Sounds like a great company - what will I be doing?
You will be part of a global writing team and work in close collaboration with product management, engineering and other stakeholders to deliver top qualirt content to customers.
You will also be responsible for:
- Planning creating and updating technical documentation in collaboration with SMEs and other writers
- Develop task-based, use-case driven content in multiple delivery formats including online documentation, context-sensitive help, tutorials, training materials, and more
- Create architecture and flow diagrams, videos, and other visual aids to help users easily understand complex content
- Research new features and develop product expertise through use of the product and interaction with product management, development, QA, and customer support
- Maintain content for multiple products and product versions simultaneously in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Play an active role in the team, constantly seeking efficiencies and driving innovation in tools, processes, and ways of working
- Help ensure that all documentation follows technical publication standards and best practices
- Support a culture of continuous improvement and contribute to global enhancements in our content development processes, tools, and methodologies
Sounds good - what do I need?
- Fluent English speaker with excellent written English
- Graduate/post-graduate degree in one or more of the following: Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Technical writing experience in a software development environment
- Experience with XML authoring tools, such as MadCap Flare, DITA, DocBook
- Experience in information architecture and design, single-sourcing, content reuse
- Experience with graphics and video creation tools such as Visio, Camtasia
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Knowledge of REST APIs and experience in documenting APIs
- Understanding of Agile software development processes
- Experience with issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence
- Some familiarity with container technologies (Docker)