Negotiable depending on experience
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Screening
- Social Events – Tax Saver / Travel to Work Schemes - Complimentary Fresh Fruit.
- Discount Programme – Charity Initiatives – Employee Referral Programme
We’re looking for a Technical Writer with initiative for a new position available in Athlone.
What's the job?
Our client, a leader in outsourcing R&D is looking to grow its team and is looking for a Technical Writer to create and update existing documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user guides and online help.
You’ll also be responsible for a combination of the following:
- Create standard documentation templates based on existing corporate standards
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and scrum teams to gather required information for technical documentation.
- Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team
- Maintain an understanding of best practices, current technologies, trends, and business strategies.
- Organize content-based initiatives among global team members in Europe, India, and North America while remaining sensitive to differences stemming from culture, policy, and politics.
- Coordinate document reviews with the appropriate development and test teams
- Manage and close documentation bugs in a timely manner.
- Serve as the gatekeeper for any content coming into the system:
- Works collaboratively with the content development managers, writers, and editors to inform and refine the content model to support customer and product requirements.
- Defines guidelines for organizing and labelling topics, defines the appropriate level of content chunking, and oversees content contributions to ensure consistent structure.
- Defines and administers a clear submission process to encourage writers to improve the CPI.
Sounds great what do I need?
In order to be considered for an interview you will need a combination of the following:
- An EU Passport or eligibility to work in Ireland
- Experience in technical writing, preferably within the software sector.
- Experience authoring and managing technical software documentation.
- Experience working in a continuous deployment and agile environment where content needs to be updated regularly and rapidly.
- Proven Expertise in developing structured and reusable content using DITA and XML.
- Ability to foster and maintain communication with subject matter experts and collaborate with content strategists and development teams to effectively collate content matter.
- Knowledge of agile, project management, version control systems (including Git), scripting, and confluence, JIRA and user interface design experience are a plus.
- Relevant Degree in a related field.
Looks like a fit! Anything else I need to know?
This role is based in Athlone and offers a fantastic package and benefits.
To hear more about this job or to discuss your suitability, reach out to Thérèse! Your CV will not be sent to any third party without your permission.
If you decide that this role isn't for you but you'd still like to chat then please feel free to reach out and register with us!